UB becomes «Open Library»
As of now, 5 UB Zurich locations are also accessible outside of service hours. By the end of 2023, we want to run another 18 library locations as «Open Libraries».
UB Zurich is on the way to becoming an «Open Library»: The goal is to make library spaces accessible throughout for study and research, and thus to fully exploit the potential of these spaces.
UZH card access allows us to operate UB locations as Open Libraries. This means that UZH members can access the sites during building opening hours, even when staff are not on site. Students can use the library locations with their own entrance from 07:00 to 23:00 each day, 365 days a year. Institute members will be granted 24/7 access. Locations with a counter will continue to be serviced during service hours, and will be accessible during those hours without a UZH card.
Pilot in C1R, KOL, KO2, RAK and PLR buildings.
By the end of 2023, 23 of the UB's 40 locations will be equipped with UZH Card access. Starting as early as the spring 2023 semester, the following UB locations will be piloted as Open Libraries:
- UB Business Administration
- UB History
- UB Art History
- UB Medicine Careum (Basement Floor)
- UB Philosophy
- UB Economics
All research libraries and stacks of the UB are excluded. Here, the current conditions continue to apply.
We need your feedback
During the pilot phase, we would like to use feedback from our users to find out what improvements we can make. In the pilot locations, walls for feedback have been placed. We are also happy to receive your feedback online via a
feedback padlet for the Open Libraries
Please send us your input so that we can work together to set up an optimal self-service.
- Friday 24.3. - BiblioWeekend at the UB: Three Journeys of World Discovery
- Update swisscovery
- Event series on Open Science
- New Exhibition "Naturwissen schaffen"
- New Read & Publish Agreements from 2023
- OUP: New R&P Agreement
- Christmas Season: Opening Hours
- The Swiss library statistics 2022 are available
- swisscovery: New Layout
- E-Library access new with SWITCH edu-ID
- Taylor&Francis: article allowance for 2022 is reached
- Games Month: play in the library
- As of November: UB Law Extended Opening Hours
- Book Flea Market on 27.10.2022
- Wiley: article allowance for 2022 is reached
- De Gruyter: Publication fees are waived for UZH researchers
- LaRS: New Swiss repository for linguistic data
- Wanted: 3D print projects
- Coffee Lectures HS 22
- Research Collection
- Gender Studies
- Out Now: Our English Website
- UZH supports the "Science Europe" initiative
- UB Medicine Careum: 8.8.–4.9. closed
- Open Science Summer School 2022
- Our Summer Opening Hours
- Simplified interlibrary loan