UZH supports the "Science Europe" initiative
The University of Zurich supports the "Diamond Open Access Action Plan", which aims to promote sustainable, equitable and scholar:led Diamond Open Access publishing.
As a university library, we support researchers in OA publishing and actively work to strengthen the Platinum/Diamond OA pathway. This is the case, for example, with the publication platform HOPE or the project PLATO (Platinum Open Access Funding). Accordingly, we are pleased that UZH has now joined the "Action Plan for Diamond Open Access".
Published on March 2, 2022, the Action Plan is an initiative of Science Europe, cOAlition S, OPERAS and the French National Research Agency (ANR). The "Action Plan for Diamond Open Access" enables the formation of a network in which an international exchange on the opportunities and challenges of scientific publishing in the context of Diamond Open Access can be established.
The action plan defines four key areas of action for this purpose:
(1) Efficiency: sharing of resources,
(2) Quality standards: specification and flexible adaptation to "best practices",
(3) Capacity building: Involvement of all stakeholders and transfer of competencies,
(4) Sustainability: securing the legal framework and developing sustainable business and financing models.
The "Action Plan for Diamond Open Access" is supported by the Swiss National Science Foundation, the Swiss Academy of Humanities and Social Sciences (SAGW), and the League of European Research Universities (LERU), among others. It can also be supported by individuals.
- Friday 24.3. - BiblioWeekend at the UB: Three Journeys of World Discovery
- UB becomes «Open Library»
- Update swisscovery
- Event series on Open Science
- New Exhibition "Naturwissen schaffen"
- New Read & Publish Agreements from 2023
- OUP: New R&P Agreement
- Christmas Season: Opening Hours
- The Swiss library statistics 2022 are available
- swisscovery: New Layout
- E-Library access new with SWITCH edu-ID
- Taylor&Francis: article allowance for 2022 is reached
- Games Month: play in the library
- As of November: UB Law Extended Opening Hours
- Book Flea Market on 27.10.2022
- Wiley: article allowance for 2022 is reached
- De Gruyter: Publication fees are waived for UZH researchers
- LaRS: New Swiss repository for linguistic data
- Wanted: 3D print projects
- Coffee Lectures HS 22
- Research Collection
- Gender Studies
- Out Now: Our English Website
- UB Medicine Careum: 8.8.–4.9. closed
- Open Science Summer School 2022
- Our Summer Opening Hours
- Simplified interlibrary loan