Highlighters and post-its are useful friends - but when it comes to research papers, you are better served with a reference management tool. The programs support you in managing your own reference collections as well as in writing academic papers.
Useful Functions of Reference Management Software
- Store reference and sources systematically
- Structure notes and excerpts
- Integrate citations easily into texts
- Create a bibliography with one click
- Thinking aids: create cross-references more quickly with an overview
What to Bear in Mind when Choosing a Software
- What technical requirements do I need (operating system etc.)?
- How intensively do I want to exchange information?
- Which functions do I need?
- How practical is the handling?